This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won't work as expected without them. Read More



Our Clinics & Services


What Nurses Can Do

Our Nurses are trained to provide a wide range of services to patients.

Our nurses work closely with the GPs and manage many areas including patients with Asthma, COPD, Diabetes, Coronary Heart Disease and Hypertension. They deal with contraception, ECGs, vaccinations and weight management. They also handle minor illnesses, minor injuries and sexual health. When assessing your needs you will be directed to the most appropriate person within the practice.


Antenatal and Postnatal Care

The midwife usually has a clinic on a Wednesday & every other Friday morning for first bookings. Please contact reception for exact dates and times of clinics. Postnatal appointments are arranged with the doctors usually in their late morning appointments are allocated for these.


Blood Tests

We now have our own fully qualified Phlebotomist and Assistant Practitioner at the surgery who holds a Thursday morning clinic for bloods test and various other treatments. Patients requiring blood tests can also attend the Rouen Road Health Centre, Rouen road Norwich or the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital or the Community Hospital Bowthorpe road.Please pick up a leaflet for more details.


Travel Vaccines

We do not offer this service at the surgey but we can print you a list of your vaccination history so can attend either

The Mile End Surgery Travel Clinic: Tel: 01603 442200

UEA Travel Clinic: Tel:01603 251600

The Globe Clinic Tel: 01603 667323

City Doc in Norwich superdrug: Tel: 08450260830


These are private services and are therefore subject to charges.


Family Planning

The doctors and nurses provide family planning advice in their normal surgeries. Family planning services now called iCASH are also available at 1A Oak street, Norwich NR3 3AE.  Telephone number 0300 300 30 30.


Emergency Contraception

Emergency contraception is available from our nurse or any of the doctors if appropriate. Emergency contraception needs to be used as soon as possible and within 72 hours. Emergency contraception can also be obtained from a pharmacy (there will be a charge).


Self Certificates / Sick Notes

During the first seven days of incapacity or illness, patients will need to complete a ‘self certificate’. The forms are SC2 which is given to the employer or SC1 for the unemployed or self-employed which is sent to the Jobcentre or Social Security office.

After the seven day period, a medical certificate is required from the doctor confirming that the doctor advises the patient to refrain from work.

Form SC2 may be available from your employer or on-line at www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/sc2.pdf

Form SC1 is available from Job Centre or Social Security office or on-line www.dwp.gov.uk/advisers/claimforms/sc1_print.pdf

If the employer requests a medical certificate for absences of 7 days or less then this is provided as a private service and is subject to a charge. Details available from reception.


Pregnancy Tests

The Family Planning Clinic (see details under Family Planning)

Boots chemists for under 25 year olds


Dental Problems

Doctors do not provide dental services. If you have a dental problem then you can contact any dentist and ask for an appointment, you do not have to be registered with a particular dentist. To locate a dentist visit www.nhs.uk or telephone NHS Direct (0845 46 47) or Patients Advice & Liaison Service (0800 587 4132)

Choose font size: A A A

Total visitors:172936 | Disclaimer